Student Travelling on Subclass 500 Visas and RSA Training

Please sign the petition now

Whilst Students in Australia on a "subclass 500 Student Visa" are permitted to work 40 hours per fortnight or unlimited hours during breaks, they are only permitted to study with a training provider that is registered with The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) under the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act). Unfortunately it is not currently possible for a training provider to register a short course such as Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol with CRICOS and as such we are not registered as a CRICOS training provider. Once you have a subclass 500 Visa no training provider in Australia can accept your enrolment in their course and if you enrol in one you may be breaching your Visa conditions. Please register and complain to the Fair Work Ombudsman about this absurd situation. 

If you or anyone you know are intending to apply for a subclass 500 visa, you must ensure that you complete our course in your country before you apply for your visa and come to Australia. As you would be completing the course from overseas, please let us know so that we can arrange to exempt you from needing an Australian address and Unique Student Identifier number (USI), which are generally required for all our enrolments of Australian residents.

We CAN accept enrolments from students on all other classes of student visa

Whilst this is out of our control penalties include imprisonment and you can brech your visa conditions.  We are sorry for this inconvenience and are working with the Australian authorities to try to resolve this problem.

Please sign the petition now and leave a comment for the Federal Minister for Education and Training