RSA NSW online alternative
Note: You can now do your NSW RSA online in NSW
Click here for the 100% online NSW course
Email correspondence Same day RSA for New South Wales (NSW)
The fastest way for you to get your NSW RSA competency at home on the same day**. This is a full course including Photo ID card with no hidden charges.
Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
for 100% online course click here
NOTE: You will receive your course material and assessment via email.
RSA NSW official provider
- ATS Arrow Training Services are an official provider of RSA with Liquor and Gaming NSW
RSA NSW Details:
- RSA NSW via email allows you to Study at home no need to travel to class.
- RSA NSW one fee - No additional fees or charges for photo ID card.
- The course content and assessment will be emailed to you and has New South Wales RSA specific content.
- You must complete the assessment in MS Word and email it back for marking 1 month free trial.
- The NSW Interim RSA Certificate issued is valid in NSW.
- You can start training in 3 minutes and have your NSW interim RSA PDF within 24 hrs**
- Qualified trainers available on 1300 toll free number during business hours.
- Please read our student guide (PDF,10.8mb) or more about your rights.
- New South Wales Government requirements read more.
** The time from purchase to being issued with an Interim RSA Certificate will depend on the number of attempts need to pass the assessment, the timing of when you complete all necessary material and the timing of when we are able to apply for the Interim RSA Certificate from L&G NSW. If you complete these tasks during business hours you will have the fastest turn around.
- A valid Email account.
- A valid form of identification.
- Australian postal / residential address.
- Microsoft Word for completing assessments 1 month free trial .
Your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From the 1st of January 2015 everyone undertaking nationally recognised training in Australia must have a unique student identifier.
During our course enrolmentprocess you will be asked to provide a USI or you will be given the option to allow us to apply for one on your behalf.
In rare circumstances you may need to speak directly with the government to provide further details. We will notify you if this is the case.
The following government video briefly explains USI.
- Once you purchase above and provide your registration details we will email you the PDF course material. This process will take approximately 3 minutes. Be careful when entering your email address and check your junk or spam folders for your welcome email.
- The email will contain an assessment which you can complete ion MS Word as you read each section of the course. This will take approximately 4 hours depending on your current knowledge and reading ability.
- Once you have completed the assessment you simply email that back to us and our qualified trainers we will mark it within 24 hrs of receiving it. If it is received during business hours you may receive your results earlier.
- If any of your answers are incorrect you will need to review the course material and we will re email you a 'mini assessment' to re attempt those questions. If you get the same question wrong three times you will need to contact one of our trainers who will work through any difficulties you may be experiencing with the learning material.
Before we can issue you with a Liquor and Gaming NSW (L&GNSW), Interim RSA Certificate you will need to provide us with a:
- Unique Student Identifier
- Copy of the identification that you used to apply for your Unique Student Identification or photo identification
- Once we have validated all of the materials above and you have passed the assessment, we will apply for an 'Interim RSA Certificate' from L&G NSW. This may take up to 24 hrs, sooner if you satisfy the requirements during business hours.
- Once we receive the Interim RSA Certificate from L&G NSW we will email you a copy and this will permit you to work for up to 90 days in NSW.
- During the Interim RSA Certificate validity (i.e. before it expires) you must apply for a photo competency card at your nearest Service NSW centre. Details on how to apply are also provided on the back of the Interim RSA Certificate. Note: It may take up to 3 weeks to receive the Photo Competency Card from L&G NSW so you should apply within a week of receiving the interim certificate. You will need to make sure that you can physically visit a participating Australia Post outlet before that time so you should check the closest one to you first.
What You Will Learn
Legally sell, serve and promote alcohol; Measure standard drinks and advise patrons; Assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons; Sell or serve alcohol responsibly; Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits; Assess alcohol-affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused; Refuse to provide alcohol to intoxicated patrons; Detect and prevent under age drinking.
Roles and Quality Assurance
Century Group trading as Arrow Training Services (Arrow) RTO# 6127 is responsible for the quality of the training and assessment that you will receive. Online RSA is responsible for delivering the training and assessment via the online eLearining Portal in accordance with Arrows requirements. Based on you achieving these requirements Arrow is responsible for issuing you with a valid statement of attainment.
How You Will be Assessed
The correspondence NSW RSA training will be provided to you in PDF format and is divided into several sections. You will be provided with an assessment sheet which you must complete and email back to us. You will be required to answer all questions correctly. If you get a question wrong you will be directed to review the course material after which you may reattempt the question in a new mini assessment which will be emailed to you. If you give the wrong answer three times you will be locked out of the assessment, at which point you will need to contact a qualified trainer for assistance. Case studies require you to implement what you have learnt in typical practical scenarios, making up the skills assessment component. 50% of the questions require free text answers. Approximate timings on each of the RSA correspondence formal assessment tasks include: Section 1 - 15 minutes; Section 2 - 30 minutes; Section 3 - 15 minutes ; Section 4 - 15 minutes
Learning Skills Required
To ensure you receive an adequate level of support with your training and assessment, please consider the following questions.
Do you consider yourself to have any disability, special needs, reading or writing difficulties that may have an impact on your ability to complete this online course?
Do you believe you have the literacy skills to read and interpret documents such as:
- Identification (ID) cards?
- Proof of age cards and driver’s licences?
- Statutory signage and warning signs?
- Wording within advertising or promotional material, such as in‑house policies and procedures and any other general plain English regulatory and advisory information issued by local, or state and territory liquor licensing authorities?
Do you believe that you have the numeracy skills to measure and calculate standard drinks or samples and calculate blood alcohol levels to determine alcohol consumption?
If you are not confident that you will understand any of the components of this online training, contact us and we will make arrangements to assist you in your training or offer you face to face training if available in your area.