Roles and Quality Assurance
5 Star Online Training RTO#45332 is responsible for the quality of the training and assessment that you will receive. As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) we must:
How will you be assessed?
This RSA training combines online learning and assessment plus video demonstration of skills in a physical simulated environment. The online learning is broken into several topics or sections. At the end of each section a written assessment will be presented and you will be required to answer all questions correctly online. If you get a question wrong you will be directed to review the course material after which you may reattempt the question. If you give the wrong answer another two times you will be locked out of the assessment, at which point you will need to contact a qualified trainer for assistance. Case studies and a simulated bar environment require you to implement what you have learnt in typical online practical scenarios. In addition, you will be required to create a suitable simulated environment for filming your practical demonstration of skills video assessments.
Your formal assessment activities have been mapped back to the Unit of Competency SITHFAB002 – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol. This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol and to satisfy the requirements for responsible sale and service of alcohol under state or territory legislation.
How long will the assessments take?
You will have 0.9 – 2.9 hrs of assessment across the following types of assessment:
Online Written Assessments:
- Section 01 Why Serve Alcohol Responsibly
- Section 02 Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Section 03 Minors
- Section 04 Unduly Intoxicated and Disorderly Patrons
- Section 05 Responsible Hospitality
- Section 06 Other Issues
- SIMBAR Assessment
Interactive Simulations and Video Assessments:
- SIMBAR Preparing and Serving Standard Drinks
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Interactive Simulation
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Refusal of Service – Offering Food
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Refusal of Service – Emotional Distress
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Service – Illicit Substances – Refusal of Service
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Service – Illicit Substances – Warning
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Service – Illicit Substances – Call Security
- SIMBAR Practical Demonstration of Skills Webcam Recording – Using Measures
Learning skills required
To ensure you receive an adequate level of support with your training and assessment, please consider the following questions.
Do you consider yourself to have any disability, special needs, reading or writing difficulties that may have an impact on your ability to complete this online course?
Do you believe you have the literacy skills to read and interpret documents such as:
- Identification (ID) cards?
- Proof of age cards and driver’s licences?
- Statutory signage and warning signs?
- Wording within advertising or promotional material, such as in‑house policies and procedures and any other general plain English regulatory and advisory information issued by local, or state and territory liquor licensing authorities?
Do you believe that you have the numeracy skills to measure and calculate standard drinks or samples and calculate blood alcohol levels to determine alcohol consumption?
If you are not confident that you will understand any of the components of this online training, contact us and we will make arrangements to assist you in your training or offer you face to face training if available in your area.
If you feel that you have existing skills, knowledge and experience to meet the unit of competency and assessment requirements we may be able to offer you a tailored learning pathway. Please contact us for further consultation.